RUDOLPH IS SALUTED BY HIS FELLOW CBS STARS IN A NETWORK ON-AIR CAMPAIGN CELEBRATING THE HOLIDAYS AND THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF THE CLASSIC SPECIAL "RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER"
These Imaginative Spots, a First-Ever Mix of Live-Action and "Animagic" Animation in a Television Promotion,
Feature Rudolph and Sam the Snowman With Cast Members from "The Big Bang Theory," "Blue Bloods,"
"Criminal Minds," "Elementary," "The Good Wife," "Madam Secretary," "The McCarthys,"
"Mike & Molly," "Mom," "NCIS," "NCIS: Los Angeles," "NCIS: New Orleans," "Scorpion,"
"Stalker," "Two and a Half Men" and "2 Broke Girls"
CBS Stations Have the Opportunity to Broadcast Customized Spots
With Their Own On-Air Talent and Logo
With a beguiling, first-ever mix of "Animagic" animation and live-action footage in a television promotion, stars from a variety of CBS series salute an appreciative Rudolph in a network on-air promotional campaign celebrating the holidays and the 50th anniversary of RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER.
These holiday spots, which launched on Thanksgiving and will run through the end of December, feature an array of CBS stars congratulating their four-legged network peer on his impressive milestone, as he and Sam the Snowman make their way backstage at "CBS-Land."
"Each year, we look for a unique way to have the CBS family involved in a holiday campaign," said George Schweitzer, President, CBS Marketing Group. "What a great opportunity this is to celebrate the holidays and the golden anniversary of Rudolph."
In addition to Rudolph and Sam, the participating stars are:
· THE BIG BANG THEORY's Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki,
Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch and Kunal Nayyar
· BLUE BLOODS' Bridget Moynahan
· CRIMINAL MINDS' Kirsten Vangsness and Jennifer Love Hewitt
· ELEMENTARY's Lucy Liu and Jonny Lee Miller
· THE GOOD WIFE's Christine Baranski and Matt Czuchry
· MADAM SECRETARY's Tea Leoni
· THE McCARTHYS' Laurie Metcalf, Jack McGee, Tyler Ritter, Joey McIntyre, Jimmy Dunn and Kelen Coleman
· MIKE & MOLLY's Billy Gardell
· MOM's Allison Janney and Anna Farris
· NCIS' Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly and Pauley Perrette
· NCIS: LOS ANGELES' Chris O'Donnell and LL COOL J
· NCIS: NEW ORLEANS' Scott Bakula
· SCORPION's Elyes Gabel and Katharine McPhee
· STALKER's Dylan McDermott and Maggie Q
· TWO AND A HALF MEN's Jon Cryer
· 2 BROKE GIRLS' Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs
CBS affiliates will have the opportunity to broadcast customized versions of the holiday promotional spots by inserting their own on-air talent into select moments and adding their station logo.
RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER was produced by "Animagic" pioneers Arthur Rankin, Jr. and Jules Bass and directed by Larry Roemer. Romeo Muller wrote the television adaptation from a story by Robert L. May. It returns for its 50th anniversary broadcast Tuesday, Dec. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. (Originally broadcast on CBS on 12/8/72, after an eight-year run on another network.)