NBC HOSTS SCREENINGS OF NEW MIDSEASON DRAMA "AMERICAN ODYSSEY" IN 10 CITIES ON MARCH 25
NBC to Honor 100 Local Female Veterans And Active Servicewomen
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - March 20, 2015 - NBC will host screenings of its new midseason drama series "American Odyssey" in 10 cities on March 25, prior to the show's network debut on Sunday, April 5, at 10-11 p.m. ET/PT.
In conjunction with the screenings, NBC will honor 10 female veterans and active servicewomen at each regional "American Odyssey" screening. Hailed as "Women Warriors" by NBC, these honorees will represent the 2 million female veterans and 200,000 women who currently serve in the U.S. Armed Forces and serve as inspiration for the perseverance and strength of "American Odyssey's" main character Sgt. Odelle Ballard.
Nominations for "Women Warriors" can be submitted online at: http://bit.ly/1AZ67rK
Open to the general public, the screenings will take place in the following cities and theater locations on March 25at 7:30 p.m.:
· Atlanta, Ga. - Midtown Art Cinema (931 Monroe Drive, Atlanta, GA 30308)
· Chicago, Ill. - Kerasotes Showplace ICON (150 W Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60605
· Houston, Texas - Studio Movie Grill City Centre (805 Town & Country Blvd, Houston, TX 77024)
· Los Angeles, Calif. - Pacific The Grove Stadium 14 (189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90036)
· Minneapolis, Minn. - Showplace ICON at The West End (1625 West End Blvd, Saint Louis Park, MN 55416)
· New York, N.Y. - Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 & RPX (247 W. 42ndSt. New York, NY 10036)
· Philadelphia, Pa. - Ritz East (125 S. 2ndSt, Philadelphia, PA 19106)
· San Francisco, Calif. - AMC Metreon 16 (135 4thSt, San Francisco, CA 94103)
· Seattle, Wash. - AMC Pacific Place 11 (600 Pine St, Seattle, WA 98101)
· Washington, D.C. - AMC Loews Georgetown 14 (3111 K St NW, Washington DC 20007
In Washington, D.C and Philadelphia, confirmed dignitaries, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) and the Honorable Patrick Murphy will recognize the "Women Warriors" and speak about the important role of female veterans and servicewomen that the show's main character Odelle represents.
In addition to the screenings, NBC and its veteran partner organizations are encouraging fans to share photos and stories of inspirational women serving or who have served in the military by using the social media hashtag #WomenWarriors.
For additional information on the screenings visit: www.gofobo.com/OdysseyNBC.
From writer-director Peter Horton ("Grey's Anatomy") and writers Adam Armus ("Heroes") and Kay Foster ("The Following") comes "Odyssey," a complex journey through global politics, corporate espionage, and military secrets involving three strangers who only have one thing in common ... the truth. In this "Traffic"-like action drama, an international conspiracy explodes when the lives of a female Special Forces soldier, a disillusioned corporate lawyer and a political activist from a privileged family unexpectedly collide. The series stars Anna Friel ("Pushing Daisies"), Peter Facinelli ("Nurse Jackie"), Jake Robinson ("The Carrie Diaries"), Nate Mooney ("The Riches"), Jim True-Frost ("The Wire"), Sadie Sink, Omar Ghazaoui, Elena Kampouris ("Men, Women & Children"), Daniella Pineda, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Lost") and Treat Williams ("Everwood"). In addition to Horton, Armus, and Foster, Mikkel Bondesen ("The Killing), Henrik Bastin ("Bosch"), Kristen Campo ("The Killing") and Simon Maxwell ("Off the Hook") serve as executive producers. Premiering on April 5, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC, "Odyssey" is a Universal Television, Fabrik Entertainment, and Red Arrow Entertainment production.
Please visit the official show site at: http://www.nbc.com/american-odyssey
For the latest 'American Odyssey' news, videos, and photos, please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.