JUST IN TIME FOR EMMY(R) SEASON,
SUNDANCE TV'S ORIGINAL NON FICTION SERIES
"CLOSE UP WITH THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER"
RETURNS FOR SEASON 2 ON JUNE 26 AT 10 AM/9C
SERIES WILL RETURN WITH 14 EPISODES
FEATURING BOTH TELEVISION AND FILM ROUNDTABLES
NEW YORK, NY - June 15, 2016 - SundanceTV's non-fiction series "Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter," produced in partnership with The Hollywood Reporter, will return on Sunday, June 26 at 10 am/9c. The upcoming second season of 14 one-hour episodes will be split into two half seasons, with seven episodes focusing on potential Emmy(R) nominees this summer and seven episodes featuring potential Oscar(R) nominees presented later this year. "Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter" features frank and revealing roundtable discussions with notables from the television and film communities, including some of the most talented actors, actresses, directors, writers, show runners and producers working in the industry today.
"'Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter' is a distinctive piece of television that delivers to SundanceTV viewers candid and engaging roundtable discussions with some of the most talented and accomplished people working in film and television," said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. "We are proud to have it on our air and to announce this new season."
Following each episode's debut on SundanceTV, it will be available via SundanceTV's TVE platform. Also the next day, The Hollywood Reporter will post an uncut version of the episode on thr.com.
Emmy episodes will debut as follows:
June 26 - Drama Actresses
· Sarah Paulson ("The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story": FX)
· Julianna Margulies ("The Good Wife": CBS)
· Kerry Washington ("Confirmation": HBO / "Scandal": ABC)
· Constance Zimmer ("UnREAL": Lifetime)
· Kirsten Dunst ("Fargo": FX)
· Regina King ("American Crime": ABC / "The Leftovers": HBO)
· Jennifer Lopez ("Shades of Blue": NBC)
July 3 - Drama Actors
· Rami Malek ("Mr. Robot": USA)
· Bobby Cannavale ("Vinyl": HBO)
· Wagner Moura ("Narcos": Netflix)
· Cuba Gooding Jr. ("The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story": FX)
· Forest Whitaker ("Roots": History)
· Paul Giamatti ("Billions": Showtime)
July 10 - Comedy Actresses
· Rachel Bloom ("Crazy Ex-Girlfriend": The CW)
· Gina Rodriguez ("Jane the Virgin": The CW)
· Allison Janney ("Mom": CBS)
· Niecy Nash ("Getting On": HBO)
· Lily Tomlin ("Grace and Frankie": Netflix)
· Ilana Glazer ("Broad City": Comedy Central)
July 17 - Comedy Actors
· Jeffrey Tambor ("Transparent": Amazon)
· Aziz Ansari ("Master of None": Netflix)
· Anthony Anderson ("Black-ish": ABC)
· Tony Hale ("Veep": HBO)
· Jerrod Carmichael ("The Charmichael Show": NBC)
· Rob Lowe ("The Grinder": Fox)
· Keegan-Michael Key ("Key and Peele": Comedy Central)
July 24 - Drama Showrunners
· Sam Esmail ("Mr. Robot": USA)
· John Ridley ("American Crime": ABC)
· Nina Jacobson ("The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story": FX)
· Melissa Rosenberg ("Jessica Jones": Netflix)
· Marti Noxon ("UnREAL": Lifetime)
· Julian Fellowes ("Downton Abbey": PBS)
July 31 - Comedy Showrunners
· Aline Brosh McKenna ("Crazy Ex-Girlfriend": The CW)
· Nahnatchka Khan ("Fresh Off the Boat": ABC)
· Marta Kauffman ("Grace & Frankie": Netflix)
· Alan Yang ("Master of None": Netflix)
· David Mandel ("Veep": HBO)
· Kenya Barris ("Black-ish": ABC)
August 7 - Reality Hosts
· Mark Cuban ("Shark Tank": ABC)
· Jane Lynch ("Hollywood Game Night": NBC)
· Guy Fieri ("Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives": Food Network)
· Nick Cannon ("America's Got Talent": NBC)
· Mike Darnell ("500 Questions": ABC)
· LL Cool J ("Lip Sync Battle": Spike)
The Hollywood Reporter is well known for hosting influential roundtable conversations with industry insiders, garnering their own Emmy(R) Award for a roundtable conversation titled The Hollywood Reporter in Focus: The Wolf of Wall Street, which featured Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. Other A-listers who have taken part include Angelina Jolie, Channing Tatum, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ben Affleck, Jon Hamm, Claire Danes, Mark Ruffalo, Mindy Kaling, Christopher Nolan, Richard Linklater, Matthew Weiner, Vince Gilligan, Michelle King, Jenji Kohan, Mike Judge, Jeff Daniels, Edie Falco and Andy Samberg.
lose Up with The Hollywood Reporter" represents a continued commitment by SundanceTV to innovative, informative unscripted programming that sheds light on the world of filmed storytelling and pop culture.
The series is executive produced by Janice Min, Stephen Galloway, Matthew Belloni, and Jennifer Laski from The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Haddad from SundanceTV and produced by Stephanie Fischette from The Hollywood Reporter.
# # #
Since its launch in 1996, SundanceTV has remained true to founder Robert Redford's mission to celebrate creativity and distinctive storytelling through unique voices and narratives found in the best independent films. From delivering critically acclaimed Emmy(R), Golden Globe(R) and Peabody Award-winning television featuring some of the world's most talented creators and performers, to showcasing some of the most compelling and iconic films across genres and generations, SundanceTV is a smart and thought-provoking entertainment destination. SundanceTV is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.; its sister networks include AMC, IFC, BBC America and WE tv. SundanceTV is available across all platforms, including on-air, online at www.sundance.tv, on demand and mobile.
About The Hollywood Reporter
The Hollywood Reporter is the entertainment industry's flagship media brand. With in-depth reporting, analysis, unprecedented access, world-class photography and video, and feature exclusives, The Hollywood Reporter is the definitive source for breaking entertainment and business news. THR won a 2016 Webby Award for best online film and video in the entertainment category and the American Society of Magazine Editors National Magazine Award for General Excellence in the Special Interest category in 2015 and 2016 in addition to a 2015 and 2016 ASME National Magazine Award nomination for Magazine of the Year and a Gerald Loeb Award nomination for its Studio Chiefs Round Table. Additionally, the brand took home 10 SoCal journalism awards in 2015, more than any other news outlet, in categories including Best Website and Entertainment Journalist of the Year. In 2014, The Hollywood Reporter staff won Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards for The Hollywood Reporter in Focus: The Wolf of Wall Street. The Hollywood Reporter and SundanceTV partnered together in 2015 to co- produce and broadcast "Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter," an original non-fiction series featuring panels with potential 2015 Emmy nominees. THR's platforms include an award-winning weekly magazine, dynamic web and mobile sites, festival and awards season apps, tablet, iPad editions, social media, and branded events.
The Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group reaches more than 27.5 million US users a month online, with a social footprint of about 15 million, ranking number 3 among comScore entertainment-news properties, delivering news to an audience of industry power players and consumers deeply invested in entertainment content. Follow The Hollywood Reporter on Twitter @thr, on Facebook at facebook.com/HollywoodReporter, and on Instagram @hollywoodreporter.