LIFETIME AND NEUEHOUSE
MADISON SQUARE WOMEN'S FORUM PARTNER ON
LUMINARIES SCREENING AND CONVERSATION SERIES
SHOWCASING FIVE FEATURE MOVIES
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 18, 2017) - With a shared goal of fostering new ideas and celebrating the impact women can have in our culture, Lifetime has partnered with NeueHouse Madison Square Women's Forum on a screening and panel series for five of the network's upcoming feature movies. The "Luminaries" screening series will showcase Lifetime's slate of films that shine a light on the fierce females who have made a difference in the world we live in today. The "Luminaries" screening series will be made available to NeueHouse members, followed by a moderated conversation featuring some of the film's stars and creative teams.
"This collaboration between Lifetime and NeueHouse Madison Square Women's Forum is truly exciting as we are able to bring the stories of these strong women to such an influential community that is made up of the thought-leaders of today," said Tanya Lopez, SVP of Original Movies, Lifetime.
"I have been a part of NeueHouse Madison Square Women's Forum since its inception and am incredibly excited that we are partnering with Lifetime," said Jamie Singer, CEO Ussie and Head of the NeueHouse Madison Square Women's Forum. She added, "Women are powerful storytellers and the female perspective needs to be amplified. Lifetime has brought together some of the most inspiring women in Hollywood to share their stories. I am honored that we get to support them with NeueHouse as well as learn from them privately through this partnership."
The films included in the series are:
· Flint, starring Queen Latifah, Jill Scott, Betsy Brandt and Marin Ireland.The movie follows the story of three local women who banded together to hold the authorities in Flint, Michigan accountable for poisoning its residents after switching the city's water source. This film marks the first to debut in the screening series and will take place on Monday, October 23rd.
· I Am Elizabeth Smart, starring Skeet Ulrich, Dierdre Lovejoy and Alana Boden with Elizabeth Smart narrating.Nearly 15 years after her abduction, Elizabeth uses her own voice to describe her ordeal at the hands of her captors in the hope that she will inspire and help others get through the darkest moments of their lives. The screening and conversation is slated for Monday, November 13th.
· Cocaine Godmother starring Catherine Zeta-Jones. Based on the true story of drug kingpin Griselda Blanco, the movie reveals her place in establishing the drug culture in American as the only female "Cocaine Cowboy" in 1980s Miami as she rose to power, only to lose everything that mattered to her.
· Faith Under Fire, starring Toni Braxton, YaYa Da Costa and Trevor Morgan. This inspirational true film showcases the heroism of Atlanta bookkeeper Antoniette Tuff, who saved the lives of hundreds by talking down a elementary school shooter with her compassion and faith.
· The Simone Biles Story (working title) will follow the true story of gymnast Simone Biles' journey from family struggles, to self-esteem issues, to adoption, to the Olympic podium, serving as an inspiration for every little girl with a dream.
ABOUT NEUEHOUSE MADISON SQUARE WOMEN'S FORUM
NeueHouse Women's Forum is an intimate community of female entrepreneurs within NeueHouse Madison Square. Their focus is to build a community that empowers our female thought leaders to not only strive beyond their fields but also thrive in these endeavors. NeueHouse Women's Forum meets twice a month and hosts a public panel once a month for the NeueHouse community at large.
NeueHouse is a private community of leading entrepreneurs and creative teams.Their members are offered experiences, work spaces, personalized services and the opportunities to fost new ideas and important associations.Located in New York and Los Angeles, NeueHouse is a global home for innovators in film, design, fashion, branding, architecture and the arts.
Lifetime is a premier entertainment destination for women dedicated to offering the highest quality original programming spanning scripted series, non-fiction series and movies. The critically acclaimed UnREAL, Project Runway, Dance Moms, Bring It!, The Rap Game, Married at First Sight and Little Women franchises anchor the network's programming, in addition to its over 25 original movies annually that continue to define the TV movie genre. In 2015, Lifetime launched Broad Focus, a major global initiative dedicated to supporting and hiring female directors, writers and producers to make its content which totals over 450 original hours. Lifetime Television(R), LMN(R), Lifetime Real Women(R) and Lifetime Digital(TM) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.