FX Networks Presents FX Skill For Alexa
FX Skill For Alexa Allows Fans To Interact With FX Networks
In An Entirely New Way
Consumers Can Use The Alexa Voice Service To Access Information From The Vast Library Of FX And FXX's Critically-Acclaimed Series
And FXM's Blockbuster Movies
LOS ANGELES, CA January 12, 2018 - FX Networks today announced FX Skill for Alexa, an extension of the FX brand to a service that serves as the hub of many smart homes and connected devices.
FX Skill for Alexa is a new way for consumers to connect with FX Networks across an array of devices including voice-enabled speakers, handheld devices and connected platforms both in the home and on-the-go. It provides information and content from FX, FXX and FXM with rich audio and visual experiences.
· Get FX & FXX show details, exclusive cast interviews, clips and series recommendations
· Access scheduling information, including linear show times and on-demand viewing options available on FXNOW and FX+
· Watch theatrical trailers for FXM blockbuster movies available on FXNOW
· Interact with content optimized for the Amazon Echo Show and Echo Spot
· Weaves custom audio files into Alexa's responses adding to user delight
Users will also enjoy unique fan content including embedded audio and video Easter eggs. The skill will include future exclusive opportunities for the Alexa and FX community.
The FX Skill for Alexa is available in the Amazon Skills Store.
Sample FX Skill Commands
· Alexa, ask FX when does The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premiere?"
· "Alexa, ask FX for bonus content for Legion."
· "Alexa, ask FX what night Baskets is on?"
· "Alexa, ask FX for behind-the-scenes content for Snowfall."
· "Alexa, ask FX to add me to the FX newsletter."
· "Alexa, ask FX what movies are on FXNOW?"
· "Alexa, ask FX about FX+."
· "Alexa, ask FX what shows are exclusive to FX+."
· "Alexa, ask FX what are 'kitten mittens'?"
About FX Networks
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 91 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, Taboo, Legion, Snowfall and the upcoming Trust; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story and FEUD; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets and Better Things; and the upcoming dance musical series Pose. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy(R) Award winning comedy series Archer, You're the Worst and the upcoming untitled Marvel's Deadpool animated comedy series. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming. FX Networks received 55 Emmy(R) Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.