[05/02/18 - 09:04 AM] Season Two of Amazon Prime Original "Goliath" Premieres on June 15 on Prime Video Mark Duplass, Morris Chestnut and Ana De La Reguera will join returning cast member Billy Bob Thornton.
[via press release from Amazon]
Season Two of Amazon Prime Original "Goliath" Premieres on June 15 on Prime Video
Golden Globe winner Billy Bob Thornton will be joined by new series regulars Mark Duplass, Morris Chestnut and Ana De La Reguera in brand-new eight-episode season launching in more than 200 countries and territories
SEATTLE -- May 2, 2018 -- (NASDAQ: AMZN)--Amazon Prime Video today announced the second season of its Prime Original series Goliath, starring Golden Globe winner Billy Bob Thornton, will return on Friday, June 15. Thornton will reprise his role as Billy McBride who, after winning a huge verdict in the Borns Tech case, is reluctantly pulled back into the law when his friend's 16-year-old son is arrested for a double homicide. However, as Billy, Patty (Nina Arianda, Florence Foster Jenkins) and the team start to investigate what appears to be an open and shut murder case, they begin to untangle a deadly conspiracy in the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles, where drugs, real estate and politics intermingle. Once again, Billy finds himself facing a new Goliath, one that is as formidable as the city's mayoral race and as tall as the skyline itself. Thornton won the 2017 Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series for Goliath's first season.
The new season of Goliath also stars Mark Duplass (Togetherness, Room 104) as Tom Wyatt, a successful developer who wants to give Los Angeles a distinct skyline, Morris Chestnut (The Best Man, Think Like a Man) as Chief Deputy District Attorney Hakeem Rashad, who has an old grudge against Billy, and Ana De La Reguera (Narcos, Nacho Libre) as Marisol Silva, a city councilwoman in the race to be the first Latina mayor of Los Angeles. Tania Raymonde (Lost) and Diana Hopper (Casual) also return as Brittany Gold and Denise McBride, respectively. Season two of Goliath is executive produced by Lawrence Trilling (Parenthood) and Geyer Kosinski (Fargo). The series is created by David E. Kelley (Ally McBeal) and Jonathan Shapiro (The Practice).
"We're excited to bring back a new season of Goliath starring Golden Globe Winner Billy Bob Thornton," said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. "This chapter tells a powerfully suspenseful, multilayered story that explores the gritty side of a broken political and legal system."
Following the debut of the first season, Goliath was the top binged first season of a US-produced Prime Original series ever over its first ten days. Prime members can watch the first season online at Amazon.com/originals before the next season's eight episodes debut on June 15.
The entire second season of Goliath will be available exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The new season will be a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Prime Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
· Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide
· Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 100+ channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, CBS All Access, Cinemax, and more--no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and Apple TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
[08/16/19 - 11:29 PM] Development Update: Friday, August 16 Updates include: CBS cancels "Instinct" after two seasons; Syfy pulls the plug on "Krypton," spin-off "Lobo"; and YouTube nixes both "Step Up: High Water" and "Wayne."
[08/15/19 - 11:36 PM] Development Update: Thursday, August 15 Updates include: A&E to wrap "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" with two-hour special; NBCUniversal's streaming service adds two projects; and Ewan McGregor to star in Obi-Wan Kenobi series for Disney+.