[11/24/20 - 10:00 AM] New Series, Films, Holiday Specials and More from AMC Networks' Extensive Library All Available on the Premium Streaming Bundle in December Highlights include the first-ever "The Walking Dead Holiday Special," hosted by Chris Hardwick, which will debut Sunday, December 13.
[via press release from AMC Networks]
WHAT'S STREAMING ON AMC+
NEW SERIES, FILMS, HOLIDAY SPECIALS AND MORE FROM AMC NETWORKS' EXTENSIVE LIBRARY ALL AVAILABLE ON THE PREMIUM STREAMING BUNDLE IN DECEMBER
View AMC+'s New "Era Defining" Promo for the Highly Decorated and Bingeable Series Mad Men HERE
New York, NY, November 24, 2020 - For the month of December, AMC+ offers subscribers a wide variety of critically acclaimed and commercial-free programming, including exclusive holiday specials, compelling new drama series, and beloved films from across the company's entertainment networks and targeted streaming services. Highlights this month include The Walking Dead Holiday Special, hosted by Chris Hardwick; Shudder's A Creepshow Holiday Special from Greg Nicotero and Joe Bob Saves Christmas double-feature; BBC AMERICA'S The Graham Norton Show Christmas Special; AMC's previously announced holiday programming event, Best Christmas Ever; and exciting new dramas from Sundance Now, including the timely eight-part drama The Commons, starring Golden Globe-winner Joanne Froggatt, and the Australian political thriller Total Control, starring Golden Globe-winner Rachel Griffiths, as well as exclusive films from Shudder and IFC Films Unlimited.
Highlights for AMC+'s December offerings are below:
· An AMC+ exclusive for the holiday season, the first-ever The Walking Dead Holiday Special, hosted by Chris Hardwick, will debut Sunday, December 13. The hour-long episode will feature fan-favorite cast members, past and present, and holiday-themed segments all via video chat. Guests include TWD Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple, Executive Producer and Showrunner Angela Kang and cast members Melissa McBride, Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt, Khary Payton, Eleanor Matsuura, Cailey Fleming, Cassady McClincy, Lauren Ridloff, Cooper Andrews, Emily Kinney, IronE Singleton and more.
· 'Tis the season for thrills and chills and Shudder's A Creepshow Holiday Special, debuting Friday, December 18. In the holiday-themed episode Shapeshifters Anonymous, fearing he is a murderer, an anxious man searches for answers for his "unique condition" from an unusual support group. The one-hour special, based on a short story by J.A. Konrath, stars Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect) and Adam Pally (Happy Endings), and is written and directed by Creepshow showrunner Greg Nicotero.
· Sundance Now's eight-part character-driven thriller The Commons, starring Joanne Froggatt (Liar, Downton Abbey), debuts on Sundance Now and the Sundance Now offering within the AMC+ bundle with weekly episodes beginning Thursday, December 3.
· Sundance Now's fast-paced Australian political drama Total Control, starring Rachel Griffiths, also debuts on Sundance Now the Sundance Now offering within the AMC+ bundle on Thursday, December 17.
· Full season bingeworthy dramas now include the hit new series, Gangs of London (AMC+ Exclusive); Sundance Now original series, Riviera with new episodes of season three available every Thursday through December 24; and the first season of fan-favorite A Discovery of Witches ahead of an all-new season in January. And subscribers have access to Mad Men, one of most bingeable series of all time, available commercial-free on AMC+. View the new "Era Defining" promo HERE (see embed below).
· Attend popular New York Comic-Con panels virtually this year with the AMC+ Fan Experience. Debuting on Thursday, December 10, the panels feature the casts from The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, as well as BBC AMERICA's Doctor Who and upcoming series The Watch.
Additional highlights by networks/streamers available on AMC+ include:
· AMC's annual "Best Christmas Ever" programming event is better than ever, bringing classic holiday films and family favorites to AMC+ subscribers all month long. Holiday favorites include Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express, Fred Claus, Four Christmases, Love the Coopers, Gremlins, Happy Feet, Jack Frost, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, The Year Without a Santa Claus, among many others.
· Take a deeper dive into The Walking Dead Universe with new content only available on AMC+ including:
· The latest seasons of The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead: World Beyond - all available ad-free and on demand.
· Re-watch Season 10 with the cast and creators through The Walking Dead: Episode Diaries with new episodes available every Sunday.
· BBC AMERICA'S Baby Chimp Rescue premieres Saturday, December 5 with new episodes every Saturday until the finale on December 19. Narrated by Gillian Burke (Blue Planet UK) and from executive producer Jo Shinner (Planet Earth: A Celebration), the series follows an American couple, Jenny and Jim Desmond, as they teach 21 rescued baby chimps how to survive on their own.
· New episodes of The Graham Norton Show debut every Friday as part of a new season that's already featured Samuel L. Jackson, Dolly Parton, Bruce Springsteen, Riz Ahmed, Miley Cyrus and more.
· Friday, December 4 - music superstar Mariah Carey, TV chef Nadiya Hussain, British astronaut Tim Peake, TV presenter Richard Osman and singer-songwriter Gary Barlow
· Friday, December 11 - Michael J. Fox, Stephen Fry, Jamie Oliver and a special appearance by Dolly Parton, who performs "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
· Friday, December 18 - Guests to be announced.
· Friday, December 25 - The Graham Norton Christmas Special - Guests to be announced.
· IFC's Joe's Pub Presents: A Holiday Special, hosted by Tony Hale (Veep), makes its streaming debut on AMC+ on Tuesday, December 1. Taped at the iconic Joe's Pub in New York, the hour-long comedy and music holiday event features a variety of performances from Bridget Everett, Jo Firestone and Jen Kirkman, with funk and soul group The Dap-Kings serving as the house band.
· New episodes of the hilarious Baroness von Sketch Show Season 5 continue to debut on Wednesdays with the season finale available on December 2.
IFC FILMS UNLIMITED:
· Notable film debuts this month include IFC Films' neo-noir crime thriller Sweet Virginia, starring Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead), Christopher Abbott (The Sinner), Imogen Poots (I Know This Much is True) and Rosemarie Dewitt (Pantheon, Little Fires Everywhere); and IFC Midnight's Rust Creek about an overachieving college student who finds herself lost on her way to a job interview and ends up stranded deep in the Kentucky forest, both available on Wednesday, December 2. And IFC Midnight's 2018 Irish found footage horror film, The Devil's Doorway debuts Wednesday, December 23.
· Family friendly films to enjoy during the holiday season include Pick of the Litter, A Kid Like Jake, Pele: Birth of A Legend, along with holiday-themed movies such as White Reindeer, Where God Left his Shoes, and Palme d'Or nominee A Christmas Tale starring Catherine Deneuve.
· Celebrate the holidays in scary style with Joe Bob Saves Christmas, A Last Drive-in special double-feature of holiday horrors hosted by the world's foremost authority on drive-in cinema available AMC+ on beginning Sunday, December 13.
· Shudder Original Anything for Jackson starring Sheila McCarthy, Julian Richings, Yannick Bisson, Josh Cruddas and Konstantina Mantelos, debuts on Thursday, December 3, and Shudder Exclusive, The Pale Door, starring Devin Druid, Zachary Knighton, Bill Sage, Pat Healy, Natasha Bassett, Stan Show and Melora Walters will be available on Thursday, December 17.
· Studio library debuts on AMC+ include The Lost Boys available on Tuesday, December 1; and two holiday horror collections including an updated Unhappy Holidays collection featuring films like Black Christmas, Rare Exports and Better Watch Out, available beginning November 30; and Holly Gialli Christmas, a greatly expanded collection of Giallo films (a horror subgenre of violent Italian crime thrillers), on Wednesday, December 2.
· New episodes of the critically-acclaimed The A Word Season 3 continue to debut on Wednesdays with the season finale available on December 9.
AMC+ is the company's new premium streaming bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from across AMC Networks' entertainment networks and a number of the company's targeted streaming services including Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as Riviera, Creepshow, A Discovery of Witches and Boyhood. Currently available to Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV channels, Comcast Xfinity, DISH and Sling TV customers, AMC+ features a continually refreshed new library of commercial-free content, including Mad Men, Orphan Black, Portlandia, The Salisbury Poisonings, Gangs of London, Soulmates and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, among many others.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy(R) Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. The network's series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC's current original drama series are Better Call Saul, Fear the Walking Dead, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and forthcoming 61st Street, Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pantheon. AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like Talking Dead, AMC Visionaries and Ride with Norman Reedus. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
About BBC AMERICA
BBC AMERICA is a hub of innovative, culturally contagious programming including the Peabody Award-winning series Killing Eve starring Golden Globe(R) and SAG(R) Award-winner Sandra Oh and Emmy(R) Award-winner Jodie Comer. The network is the definitive television home and co-producer of the most iconic natural history series including Planet Earth II, Blue Planet II, Dynasties, Seven Worlds, One Planet and upcoming Meerkat Manor, Eden (w/t), Frozen Planet II and Planet Earth III. BBCA transforms every Saturday into Wonderstruck, a weekly 24-hour destination for wildlife and wonder. A joint venture between AMC Networks and BBC Studios (the commercial arm of the BBC), BBCA's influential shows such as Doctor Who, Orphan Black, and Luther, have attracted critical acclaim and earned Emmy(R) Awards, Golden Globes(R), Peabody Awards, Critics' Choice Awards, NAACP Image Awards, TCA Awards and more. New programming coming this fall and winter includes Top Gear, Animal Babies, The Graham Norton Show, CripTales, Doctor Who: The Faceless Ones animated special, Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks, The Watch and more. BBCA is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. Find out more by visiting press.amcnetworks.com.
IFC is the home of offbeat, unexpected comedies. Acclaimed series Documentary Now!, Brockmire, Sherman's Showcase Baroness von Sketch Show, and Year of the Rabbit air alongside fan-favorite movies and comedic cult TV shows. IFC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., and available across multiple platforms. IFC is Always On, Slightly Off.
About IFC Films Unlimited
IFC Films Unlimited is a subscription video on demand streaming channel comprised of theatrically-released and award-winning titles from its three distribution labels: IFC Films, Sundance Selects and genre label IFC Midnight. IFC Films is a leading distributor of quality talent-driven independent film. IFC Midnight features horror, sci-fi, thrillers, action and more. Sundance Selects focuses on American independent, documentaries and world cinema. Bringing together a broad collection of films that span across the labels and genres, IFC Films Unlimited is a general entertainment destination for specialty film fans.
AMC Networks' Shudder is a premium streaming video service, super-serving members with the best selection in genre entertainment, covering horror, thrillers and the supernatural. Shudder's expanding library of film, TV series, and originals is available on most streaming devices in the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. For a 7-day, risk-free trial, visit www.shudder.com.
About Sundance Now
AMC Networks' streaming service Sundance Now is for culture craving TV watchers looking for their next series to obsess over and offers a rich selection of original and exclusive series from engrossing true crime to heart-stopping dramas and fiercely intelligent thrillers from around the world, all streaming commercial-free. Exclusive new programs are added every week. Sundance Now has exclusively premiered several distinctive, critically acclaimed Sundance Now Original Series, including supernatural thriller A Discovery of Witches; glamorous thriller Riviera starring Julia Stiles; critically acclaimed French spy thriller crime drama The Bureau; and Swedish period drama The Restaurant, as well as Sundance Now Exclusives, such as British true crime thriller Des starring David Tennant; Australian drama Upright starring Tim Minchin; and Australian psychological thriller The Secrets She Keeps; and riveting true crime series The Suspect, The Dakota Entrapment Tapes, No One Saw a Thing and Killing for Love. Facebook: @SundanceNow - Twitter: @sundance_now
Since its launch in 1996, SundanceTV has remained true to founder Robert Redford's mission to celebrate creativity and distinctive storytelling through unique voices and narratives found in the best independent films. From delivering critically acclaimed Emmy(R), Golden Globe(R) and Peabody Award-winning television featuring some of the world's most talented creators and performers, to showcasing some of the most compelling and iconic films across genres and generations, SundanceTV is a smart and thought-provoking entertainment destination. SundanceTV is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.; its sister networks include AMC, IFC, BBC America and WE tv. SundanceTV is available across all platforms, including on-air, online at www.sundancetv.com, on demand and mobile.
[01/27/21 - 11:00 AM] HBO Max Highlights - February 2021 Original programming in February includes the season eight return of "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver," the second season of animated hit "Close Enough," the documentary premiere of "There Is No 'I' in Threesome," and five-episode limited series "Beartown."