Prime Video and IMDb TV Sign Multi-Year Licensing Deal with Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
Multi-year agreement brings Prime Video live-action films such as Jurassic World: Dominion, The 355, Ambulance, and more, soon after theatrical release.
IMDb TV is the first AVOD service to secure major studio network-window with blockbusters such as Fast 9, Sing 2, Old, and more.
SEATTLE--July 8, 2021-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) - Today, Amazon's streaming services, Prime Video and IMDb TV, have announced a multi-year licensing deal with Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). Under this agreement, Prime Video will have an exclusive pay-one window for UFEG's slate of live-action films in the U.S. starting with the 2022 release slate and will also receive rights to a package of UFEG's library movies. IMDb TV, Amazon's premium free streaming service, has also secured an exclusive network-window for films from UFEG's 2020-2021 theatrical slate and rights to a package of animated titles. Building on the recent announcement that brought Peacock to Fire TV customers, this licensing deal furthers the partnership between Amazon and NBCUniversal.
Starting in 2022, UFEG's new live action films will first become available on Peacock after their theatrical releases, before landing exclusively on Prime Video four months later with titles to include the highly anticipated Jurassic World: Dominion, The 355, and Ambulance. Prime Video will also gain SVOD rights to UFEG's theatrical slate of animated movies through a subsequent window, including highly anticipated 2022 theatrical titles such as Illumination's Minions: The Rise of Gru and DreamWorks Animation's Puss in Boots: The Last Wish and The Bad Guys. Several iconic titles including the Jurassic Park franchise, Bourne franchise, Love Actually, Get Out, and the Fast & Furious franchise will also become available to Prime members.
"We know Prime members love movies and this new deal with UFEG will deliver some of the best films available for our customers," said Brad Beale, Prime Video vice president of worldwide content licensing. "This new slate of UFEG films, including exciting upcoming releases such as Jurassic World: Dominion, The 355, and Ambulance will continue to build upon Prime Video's catalog and delight Prime members, all at no additional cost to their membership."
"Recognizing that all parties would benefit from a modernized windowing structure, this new agreement allows Prime Video and IMDb TV to benefit from UFEG's vast library and diverse content like never before," said Peter Levinsohn, vice chairman and chief distribution officer, UFEG. "We're thrilled to team up with Amazon to deliver our titles to its customers. This agreement further delivers on our distribution strategy to monetize our unparalleled movie library across multiple services, while offering customers the most choice, control and flexibility in how, when and where they watch films."
IMDb TV will obtain an additional window to stream UFEG's 2020-2021 slate of theatrical releases, featuring titles such as Dolittle, The Invisible Man, F9 (Fast & Furious 9), and Sing 2, with full exclusivity across AVOD and SVOD, during the license period. In addition, IMDb TV will also have access to select titles in UFEG's animation library, including Illumination's Despicable Me 2 and DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon 2, and Shrek 2.
"This significant deal with UFEG is another step forward in solidifying IMDb TV's reputation as a premium free destination for blockbuster movies," said Lauren Anderson and Ryan Pirozzi, co-heads of content and programming at IMDb TV. "Expanding our library with prominent UFEG titles from every genre, IMDb TV continues to deliver on our promise to provide viewers the content they crave with something for everyone."
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy hits like Coming 2 America, The Boys, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Sylvie's Love, Upload, and My Spy, as well as Emmy and Golden Globe winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe winner Small Axe, Academy Award winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe winner and Academy Award nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award nominees Time and One Night in Miami... Prime members also get access to licensed content. Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Always entertaining. Always Free.
· Expansive Catalog: IMDb TV is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious originals and an always-updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. IMDb TV adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, horror, and more.
· Free: IMDb TV is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
· Half the Ads: IMDb TV has half the ads of traditional linear TV.
· Instant Access: IMDb TV is available as an app on Fire TV and a free Channel within the Prime Video, IMDb apps across hundreds of devices, and on the IMDb website. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the "Your Apps & Channels" row, or using the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say "Alexa, go to IMDb TV." IMDb TV is also available as an app on third party devices including Roku, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Sony Android TV devices, Chromecast with Google TV, LG Smart TVs, PlayStation 4 consoles, NVIDIA Shield, and TiVo Stream 4K.
To learn more about IMDb TV, visit www.amazon.com/imdbtv and follow @IMDbTV.