PEACOCK ANNOUNCES DAMON WAYANS JR. AS HOST OF 'FROGGER,' BASED ON BELOVED VIDEO GAME PHENOMENON
· Peacock announced acclaimed actor and comedian Damon Wayans Jr. as host of FROGGER, a larger-than-life physical competition series based on the iconic 1980's video game, coming soon to Peacock.
· TV host, actor, and media personality, Kyle Brandt ("Good Morning Football") will serve as co-host, alongside Wayans Jr.
· A worldwide phenomenon since its introduction by Konami in 1981, Frogger has remained one of the most classic and beloved video game franchises of all time with a library spanning more than 30 titles across various platforms. The show FROGGER brings to life this popular franchise and supersizes it on an epic course! Audiences and contestants alike will be transported into a wild, whimsical FROGGER world, filled with all the simple but challenging elements of the mega-hit from Konami.
· A fierce and ridiculously fun competition, FROGGER will feature a variety outrageous obstacle courses or "crossings." These physically demanding challenges will see contestants dodge treacherous traffic, leap over snapping gators and hop over hungry hippos to conquer the course.
· Contestants from across the country will test their talent in a competition requiring skill, strength, strategy and problem-solving smarts. Who will have what it takes to be America's finest FROGGER and jump away with a $100,000?
· 13 hour-long episodes of FROGGER have been ordered.
· FROGGER, based on the Konami-owned IP, is produced by Eureka Productions in partnership with Konami Cross Media NY, Inc. Chris Culvenor and Paul Franklin will executive produce for Eureka Productions, and Eden Gaha and Fred Birckhead. The FROGGER competition show is an original format created by Chris Culvenor of Eureka Productions.
· ABOUT DAMON WAYANS JR.: Damon Wayans Jr. is a Critics Choice Television Award nominee and two-time NAACP Image Award-nominated actor and comedian. He is best known for his role on the critically acclaimed ABC comedy series "Happy Endings," the Fox comedy series "New Girl" and Feature Film "Let's Be Cops." Wayans Jr. is set to co-star alongside Gina Rodriguez in the Netflix original film "Players" and recently wrapped the TBS' comedy pilot "Kill the Orange-Faced Bear." Other credits include the upcoming Netflix film "The Harder They Fall, and he starred in the feature film "The Other Guys."
· ABOUT KYLE BRANDT: TV host, actor, and media personality, Kyle Brandt is the co-host of "Good Morning Football" on NFL Network. A runningback at Princeton University, Kyle got his start in sports as the Executive Producer and Head Writer of the nationally syndicated "The Jim Rome Show" (2007). He began regularly hosting the radio show in 2011, as well as televised programs on CBS Sports Network (2011). Brandt has also hosted and EP'd his own weekly show "The Kyle Brandt Football Experience," regularly serves as a studio host for marquee DAZN events, and works as a host/play-by-play announcer for Chicago Bears preseason games. In 2020 during the pandemic, Kyle successfully launched his own hit podcast, "10 Questions with Kyle Brandt" on Spotify/The Ringer. His first forays into entertainment came in MTV's The Real World: Chicago (2002) and NBC's Days of Our Lives (2003). He is married with 2 children.