CBS SCORES DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH IN VIEWERS AND DEMOS VS. SAME WEEK LAST YEAR
CBS Starts the Season with Its Third Straight Weekly Win
Network is Also First in Adults 25-54
"NCIS: New Orleans," "Scorpion" and "Madam Secretary" Are the Top Three New Series of the Week
CBS Has Four of the Top Five Broadcasts
"The Big Bang Theory" Is the Top Entertainment Broadcast in Adults 18-49
CBS Projected to Gain an Additional +2.5 Million Viewers For the Week and Climb a Full Rating Point in Adults 18-49 and Adult 25-54 with Live +7-Day Viewing
CBS was the only network to post year-to-year growth in viewers and key demographics on its way to its third consecutive weekly win to start the season, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 12.
CBS also placed first for the week in adults 25-54 (tie).
Compared to the same week last year, CBS was up +12% in both adults 25-54 and viewers and +11% in adults 18-49.
NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (15.39m), SCORPION (11.93m) and MADAM SECRETARY (11.45m) were the top three new shows of the week. Overall, CBS had the four of the top five broadcasts in viewers, including the top drama, NCIS; the top comedy, THE BIG BANG THEORY; and the top news program, 60 MINUTES.
In adults 18-49, CBS had two of the top five broadcasts - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and THE BIG BANG THEORY. THE BIG BANG THEORY was the week's top scripted broadcast.
CBS Programs Among the Top 20 Broadcasts:
#2 - NCIS (17.28m)
#3 - CBS+NFLN THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: INDIANAPOLIS/HOUSTON (15.85m)
#4 - THE BIG BANG THEORY (15.75m)
#5 - NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (15.39m)
#10 - SCORPION (11.93m)
#11 - THE BIG BANG THEORY 2-R (11.72m)
#12 - MADAM SECRETARY (11.45m)
#14 - BLUE BLOODS (11.09m)
#17 - CRIMINAL MINDS (10.45m)
#18 - THE GOOD WIFE (10.39m)
#19 - 60 MINUTES (10.19m)
CBS Weekly Highlights
THE BIG BANG THEORY
· THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:31 PM) was first in viewers (15.75m), adults 25-54 (6.1/16) and adults 18-49 (4.5/14).
· SCORPION averaged 11.93m, 2.5/07 in adults 18-49 and 3.6/09 in adults 25-54.
· NCIS was first in viewers (17.28m), adults 25-54 (3.9/11) and adults 18-49 (2.6/09). Compared to last week, NCIS was even in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49. NCIS was Tuesday's #1 program in viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
· NCIS: NEW ORLEANS was first in viewers (15.39m), tied for first with NBC in adults 25-54 (3.3/09) and was second in adults 18-49 (2.3/07).
· SURVIVOR was first in viewers (9.59m), adults 25-54 (3.2/09) and adults 18-49 (2.5/08). Compared to last week, SURVIVOR was +4% in adults 18-49 (from 2.4/09) and added +100,000 viewers (from 9.49m, +1%).
· STALKER was first in viewers (8.17m), adults 25-54 (2.5/07) and adults 18-49 (1.7/05). Compared to last week's series premiere, STALKER retained 86% of adults 25-54 (from 2.9/07), 85% of adults 18-49 (from 2.0/06) and viewers (from 9.05m, retains 90% of last week's delivery).
CBS AND NFL NETWORK'S THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
· In primetime, THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL "Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans" coverage delivered a 9.1/16, with 14.44m viewers, 5.6/17 in adults 25-54, 4.8/16 in adults 18-49, 7.7/23 in men 25-54 and 6.7/23 in men 18-49 - easily winning the night in these measures.
· THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (8:26-11:41 PM) delivered a 10.0/17 with 15.85m viewers, 6.3/18 in adults 25-54, 5.4/18 in adults 18-49, 8.7/25 in men 25-54 and 7.6/26 in men 18-49.
· BLUE BLOODS was first in viewers (11.09m), adults 25-54 (2.0/06) and adults 18-49 (1.3/04). Compared to last week, BLUE BLOODS was up +8% in adults 18-49 (from 1.2/04), even in adults 25-54 and added +240.000 viewers (from 10.85m, +2%).
Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #3:
CBS - 22 hours.
NBC - 21 1/2 hours.
ABC - 22 hours.
FOX - 16 hours.