CBS WINS FOURTH STRAIGHT WEEK TO START THE SEASON
"NCIS: New Orleans," "Madam Secretary" and "Scorpion"
Are the Top Three New Shows in Viewers
CBS Has The Week's Top Seven Broadcast Dramas
"The Amazing Race" Delivers Season Highs in Viewers and Key Demos
CBS Projected to Gain an Additional +2.5 Million Viewers For the Week and
Climb a Full Rating Point in Adults 18-49 and Adult 25-54 with Live +7-Day Viewing
Through the First Four Weeks, CBS is Up +5% in Viewers
While Matching Year-Ago Demos
CBS won its fourth consecutive week in viewers to start the season, once again claiming the top three new shows, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 19, Week 4 of the 2014-2015 season.
NCIS: NEW ORLEANS, MADAM SECRETARY and SCORPION were the week's #1, #2 and #3 new shows in viewers. In all, CBS had the top seven broadcast dramas of the week, including NCIS, CRIMINAL MINDS, THE GOOD WIFE and BLUE BLOODS.
THE AMAZING RACE delivered season-high ratings in viewers and key demographics, while freshman drama STALKER swept its time period for the third consecutive week.
Through the first four weeks of the season, CBS is up +5% in viewers (11.94m from 11.38m) and even in both adults 25-54 (3.5) and adults 18-49 (2.6).
CBS Broadcasts in the Top 20:
#3 - NCIS (17.26m)
#4 - NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (16.14m)
#5 - CBS+NFLN THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: NY JETS/NEW ENGLAND (16.09m)
#6 - THE BIG BANG THEORY (15.32m)
#13 - MADAM SECRETARY (12.28m)
#14 - SCORPION (11.51m)
#15 - 60 MINUTES (11.39m)
#16 - THE BIG BANG THEORY 2-R (11.38m)
#17 - CRIMINAL MINDS (10.90m)
#18 - THE GOOD WIFE (10.88m)
#19 - BLUE BLOODS (10.70m)
CBS Weekly Highlights:
THE BIG BANG THEORY
· THE BIG BANG THEORY was first in viewers (15.32m), adults 25-54 (5.9/15) and adults 18-49 (4.5/14).
· SCORPION averaged 11.51 million viewers, 2.4/06 in adults 18-49 and 3.3/08 in adults 25-54. SCORPION was Monday's most-watched drama.
· NCIS was first in viewers (17.26m) and was second in both adults 25-54 (3.7/10) and adults 18-49 (2.5/08). NCIS was the night's #1 program in viewers and the top scripted program in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
· NCIS: NEW ORLEANS was first in viewers (16.14m), adults 25-54 (3.3/08) and adults 18-49 (2.2/06), adding +730,000 viewers (from 15.41m, +5%) from last week.
· STALKER was first in households (5.1/09), viewers (7.87m), adults 25-54 (2.2/06) and adults 18-49 (1.7/05). Compared to last week, STALKER was even in adults 18-49.
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
· THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (8:26-11:29 PM) delivered a 10.1/17 with 16.09m viewers, 6.1/19 in adults 25-54, 5.4/17 in adults 18-49, 8.3/24 in men 25-54 and 7.3/15 in men 18-49.
THE AMAZING RACE
· THE AMAZING RACE was first in households (4.0/08), viewers (6.57m), adults 25-54 (2.0/07) and adults 18-49 (1.4/06) - the show's season-best deliveries in these measures.
· MADAM SECRETARY averaged 12.28m, 1.5/04 in adults 18-49 (up +7% from 1.4/04) and 2.3/06 in adults 25-54.
Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #4:
CBS - 22 hours.
NBC - 21 1/2 hours.
ABC - 21 hours and 53 minutes.
FOX - 15 hours.