CBS WINS THE WEEK IN VIEWERS AND KEY DEMOS VERSUS FIVE GAMES OF THE WORLD SERIES
CBS is the First Network to Win a Week Against Five Games of the World Series
Since People Meters (At Least 1987)
Network Wins Week with the #1 Broadcast, Top Six Broadcast Dramas, #1 Comedy,
#1 News Program and the Four Most-Watched New Shows
"Thursday Night Football" is the Week's #1 Broadcast
CBS Grows +22% in Viewers, +37% in Adults 18-49 and +26% in Adults 25-54
Compared to the Same Week Last Year - The Only Network Up in All These Measures
CBS finished first for the week in viewers and key demographics, becoming the first network since the invention of people meters (at least 1987) to win a week against five games of the World Series, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 26, week five of the 2014-2015 television season.
CBS won the week with the #1overall primetime broadcast (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL), the top six broadcast dramas (NCIS, NCIS: NEW ORLEANS, MADAM SECRETARY, BLUE BLOODS, SCORPION and THE GOOD WIFE), the #1 news program (60 MINUTES), the #1 comedy (THE BIG BANG THEORY) and the four most-watched new shows (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, NCIS: NEW ORLEANS, MADAM SECRETARY and SCORPION).
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on CBS and NFL Network (20.22m) was the week's #1 overall broadcast.
For the week, CBS was first in viewers (11.53m), adults 25-54 (3.4/09) and tied for first in adults 18-49 (2.6/08, with FOX). Compared to the same week last year, CBS was up +26% in adults 25-54 (from 2.7/07), +37% in adults 18-49 (from 1.9/05) and +22% in viewers (from 9.46m).
Season-to-date, CBS is also the only network posting across-the-board growth, up +7% in viewers, +4% in adults 18-49 and +3% in adults 25-54.
CBS Broadcasts in the Top 20:
#1 - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: SAN DIEGO/DENVER (20.22m)
#3 - NCIS (17.13m)
#4 - NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (16.13m)
#5 - THE BIG BANG THEORY (16.02m)
#7 - 60 MINUTES (13.23m)
#11T- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL PRE-KICK (12.19m)
#16 - MADAM SECRETARY (11.71m)
#17 - BLUE BLOODS (11.42m)
#18 - SCORPION (10.75m)
#20 - THE GOOD WIFE (10.21m)
CBS Weekly Highlights:
THE BIG BANG THEORY
· THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:31 PM) was first in viewers (16.02m), adults 25-54 (6.2/17) and adults 18-49 (4.6/14), up +5% in adults 25-54 (from 5.9/15), +2% in adults 18-49 (from 4.5/14) and added +700,000 viewers (from 15.32m, +5%) from last week. THE BIG BANG THEORY was the week's top scripted program in adults 18-49.
· SCORPION averaged 10.75m, 3.3/08 in adults 18-49 and 2.4/07 in adults 18-49. Compared to last week, SCORPION was even in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
NCIS: LOS ANGELES
· NCIS: LOS ANGELES averaged 8.78m, 1.7/07 in adults 18-49 (up +6% from last week) and 2.5/06 in adults 25-54, up +9%.
· NCIS was first in viewers (17.13m) and tied for second in adults 25-54 (3.6/10). NCIS was the night's #1 program in viewers and tied with NCIS: NEW ORLEANS as the top scripted program in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
· NCIS: NEW ORLEANS was first in viewers (16.13m) and second in both adults 25-54 (3.6/09) and adults 18-49 (2.4/07), and was up +9% in both adults 25-54 (from 3.3/08) and adults 18-49 (from 2.2/06) compared to last week.
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
· THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (8:26-11:15 PM) delivered a 12.3/21 with 20.22m viewers, 7.8/21 in adults 25-54, 6.7/21 in adults 18-49, 10.3/30 in men 25-54 and 8.9/29 in men 18-49.
· BLUE BLOODS was first in viewers (11.42m) and second in adults 25-54 (2.1/06). BLUE BLOODS posted season highs in both viewers and adults 25-54 and matched its season-best adults 18-49 ratings (1.3/04).
NFL FOOTBALL RUNOVER
· Late-running CBS NFL NATIONAL coverage aired from 7:00-8:01 PM, with 23.25m viewers, 8.4/24 in adults 25-54 and 7.1/24 in adults 18-49.
· 60 MINUTES (8:01-9:01 PM) was up +68% in adults 25-54 (3.2/08 from 1.9/05), +92% in adults 18-49 (2.3/06 from 1.2/04) and added +1.84m viewers (13.23m from 11.39m, +16%) from its 7:00 PM airing last week.
Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #5:
CBS - 22 hours.
NBC - 21 1/2 hours.
ABC - 22 hours.
FOX - 20 hours.