This Just In ...
WORLD SERIES GAME 1 OVERNIGHT RATING BEST SINCE 2009
Mets-Royals 14-Inning Classic Posts 10.5 HH Rating, +31% vs. '14 Game 1
New York - Viewership for FOX Sports' coverage of the 2015 World Series between the New York Mets and Kansas City Royals got off to a flying start last night with Game 1 posting a 10.5/18 overnight household rating/share from 8:00 PM-1:00 AM ET, +31% over last year's Giants-Royals Game 1 overnight (8.0/13), and it is the best metered market rating for Game 1 of the World Series since 2009 (13.8/22, Phillies-Yankees).
Additional Overnight Highlights:
- During primetime (8:00-11:00 PM ET), FOX averaged a 10.4/17 which projects to be the network's best performance for a Tuesday night since at least February 2012.
- The World Series powered FOX to a first place finish in primetime among the metered markets (Preliminary: FOX - 10.4, CBS - 8.2, NBC - 5.4; and ABC - 2.8).
- FOX also projects to win the night in prime time among Adults 18-49.
- Local Markets: New York - 26.2/43; Kansas City- 57.3/78 (highest single-market Game 1 rating since at least 1996).
- Overnight ratings peaked at a 12.1/20 from 10:45-11:00 PM ET.
ELECTRIFYING 2015 WORLD SERIES LEADS OFF
WITH HIGHEST-RATED GAME 1 SINCE 2009
Total Viewership Reaches 40.6 Million
Powers Network to Best Prime Time Tuesday Since 2012
New York - Game 1 of the 2015 World Series between the New York Mets and Kansas City Royals was a 14-innnig classic by any fan's definition, with a rare inside-the-park home run, leads taken and lost, heads-up base running and a dramatic bottom-of-the-ninth game-tying homer. All components that make for an electrifying start to the Fall Classic, one that posted a 9.0/17 household rating/share, with 14.9 million viewers, making it the highest-rated World Series Game 1 since 2009, according to fast national figures released today by Nielsen.
World Series Game 1 Highlights:
- Highest-rated World Series Game 1 since 2009 (11.9/19, Phillies-Yankees).
- 40.6 million viewers watched all or part of last night's thrilling game.
- Most-watched World Series Game 1 since 2010 (15.0 million, Giants-Rangers).
- Up +23% in rating and 22% in audience compared to Giants-Royals Game 1 last year (7.3/12, 12.2 million).
- Last night's broadcast posted impressive increases across key demos including: M18-34 (4.7 vs. 3.9, +21%); M18-49 (6.0 vs. 4.3, +40%); M25-54 (6.8 vs. 5.0, +36%); A18-49 (4.6 vs. 3.4, +35%).
- From 8:04-11:00 PM ET, FOX averaged an 8.9/15, with 14.9 million viewers, which projects to be the network's best prime time performance on a Tuesday since February 2012.
- The World Series powered FOX to a first place household finish in prime time (preliminary): FOX - 8.9/15; CBS - 7.8/13; NBC - 4.7/8; and ABC - 2.5/4.
- FOX also won the night in prime time among Adults 18-49 (4.4).
- Initial tune-in was a 6.3/11 with 10.3 million viewers from 8:04-8:15 PM ET. Ratings peaked at a 10.4/18, with 17.3 million viewers from 10:45-11:00 PM ET.
- The first nine innings of the game averaged a 9.1/16, with 15.2 million viewers from 8:04-11:30 PM ET, and held fairly steady through the five extra innings (8.9/21, with 14.4 million viewers) from 11:30 PM ET-1:02 AM ET.
World Series Game 1 Streaming Highlights:
- World Series Game 1 is FOX Sports GO's most-viewed MLB game and the second most-viewed event of all-time on an authenticated basis with more than 177,000 unique streamers.
World Series Game 1 Local Highlights:
- Locally, Kansas City led all markets with an impressive 57.3 rating, followed by New York (26.2). The rating in Kansas City is the highest recorded for a single market for a World Series Game 1 since at least 1996.
- St. Louis (16.1), Hartford (14.4), Tulsa (11.8), West Palm Beach (11.3), Denver (10.7), Milwaukee and Phoenix (10.5), and Las Vegas (10.4) round out the top 10.