GOLF CHANNEL POSTS MOST-WATCHED OCTOBER EVER
Golf Channel Digital Sets Record Marks Tracking to Best October Traffic Ever
Golf Channel Remains No. 1 Most-Affluent Network in All of Television for Both Total Day and Primetime in October
ORLANDO, Fla. (October 29, 2015) - Fueled by the network's 2nd-most-watched Presidents Cup Week on record, Golf Channel has posted its most-watched October ever and served 11.4 million unique viewers (+19% YOY). A record 88,000 viewers per minute tuned into Golf Channel in October (Mon-Sun 6AM-6AM), representing a 52% year-over-year increase compared to October 2014 (58,000) according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
Golf Channel's October highlights include:
· Day Three coverage of the 2015 Presidents Cup live from South Korea was Golf Channel's most watched fourth quarter telecast since Day Two coverage of the Presidents Cup in October 2013.
· Live coverage of foursome matches airing within the telecast on Friday, October 9; 7P-12A earned a 0.81 cvg. rtg / 845,000 viewers.
· This is the highest primetime delivery on Golf Channel in almost four years - since the 2011 Presidents Cup Final Day (1.41 cvg. rtg/1.567 million viewers).
· Day Three coverage peaked from 11:45P to 12:00A EDT with 1,032,000 viewers.
· Most-watched Rounds One and Two at the 2015 Web.com Tour Championship on Golf Channel (2006-2015). 2nd-most-watched Round Three at the 2015 Web.com Tour Championship on Golf Channel (2006-2015).
GOLF CHANNEL OCTOBER VIEWERSHIP COMPARISON
2014 58,000 +52%
2013 84,000 +5%
2012 48,000 +83%
2011 67,000 +31%
2010 56,000 +57%
MOST-AFFLUENT NETWORK IN ALL OF TELEVISION
Additionally, Golf Channel retained its status in October as the No. 1 most-affluent network for the month, as well as year-to-date in all of television with the highest median household income for total day viewership. Golf Channel also was the No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television in primetime for both October and year-to-date.
GOLF CHANNEL DIGITAL POSTS RECORD TRAFFIC ACROSS ALL KEY PLATFORMS AND METRICS
While monthly digital traffic data is not final until the end of the calendar month, Golf Channel Digital's traffic through Tuesday, Oct. 27 already has set several monthly records, according to Adobe Site Catalyst, including posting Best October Ever:
· Golf Channel Mobile totaled 24.0 million page views (+0.3% YOY) to date this month
· Golf Channel Digital totaled 2.6 million video starts (+28% YOY) to date this month
· Golf Channel Digital totaled 3.6 million unique visitors (+2% YOY) to date this month
UPCOMING NOVEMBER PROGRAMMING
East Lake Cup: The inaugural event will take place Nov. 2-3 at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta (same venue that hosts the TOUR Championship) and it will showcase the four NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Golf Championships semifinalists from earlier this year reconvening to compete in a collegiate match play championship. The event will benefit the East Lake Foundation and air live on Golf Channel from 2-5 p.m. ET each day. Participating universities include:
· Women: Stanford University (2015 national champions); Baylor University (2015 runner up); the University of Southern California (USC) and Duke University
· Men: Louisiana State University (LSU, 2015 national champions); USC (2015 runner up); the University of Illinois and the University of Georgia
Primetime Golf: Golf Channel will showcase some of the game's biggest stars at the WGC-HSBC Championship, which will air in primetime, Nov. 4-7. Players expected to compete in the no-cut event include five of the top-7 ranked players in the world: Jordan Spieth (No. 2), Rory McIlroy (No. 3), Bubba Watson (No. 4), Rickie Fowler (No. 5) and Henrik Stenson (No. 7).
Conclusion of European Tour, LPGA Tour and Champions Tour seasons: During the month of November Golf Channel will feature the final stretch of the season for three professional tours: the European Tour, LPGA Tour and Champions Tour, with several events airing in primetime. The top spot in the respective standings for each tour is still in doubt for the Race to Dubai (European Tour), the Race to the CME Globe (LPGA Tour) and the Charles Schwab Cup (Champions Tour):
· European Tour: WGC-HSBC Champions (Nov. 4-7); BMW Masters (Nov. 12-15) and DP World Tour Championship (Nov. 19-22)
· LPGA Tour: Mizuno Classic (Nov. 5-8); Lorena Ochoa Invitational (Nov. 12-15 and CME Group Tour Championship (Nov. 19-22)
· Champions Tour: Charles Schwab Cup Championship (Nov. 5-8)
"The Squeeze" premieres on Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m. ET: Golf's latest Hollywood foray, "The Squeeze" centers around a gifted young golfer who crosses paths with an obsessive gambler willing to resort to any means necessary to win a bet. The film will make its television premiere on Golf Channel, Tuesday Nov. 10 at 8 p.m. ET (encore at 10 p.m.). The movie is based on a true story and features a cast starring Christopher McDonald - known for his role as Shooter McGavin in "Happy Gilmore - who plays the cunning gambler, and Jeremy Sumpter - a scratch handicap golfer - who plays the young golf prodigy.
- NBC Sports Group -
Sources: Ratings/Viewers: Nielsen via StarTrak; Viewers P2+ for 9/28/15-10/25/15 for all measured programs; details available; Unique Viewers: Nielsen via NPOWER; Mon-Sun 6a-6a; Viewers P2+ for 9/28/15-10/25/15 w/ 6 minute qualifier; Median Household Income: Nielsen NPOWER: Household Median Income; Monday-Sunday 6a-6a and Monday-Sunday 8p-11p. (9/28/15-10/25/15); Digital: Adobe Site Catalyst 10/1/15-10/27/15.