WORLD SERIES GAME 4 IS HIGHEST-RATED & MOST-WATCHED SATURDAY GAME SINCE 2009
Audience +27% vs. 2014
New York - Last night, the opportunistic Kansas City Royals took a commanding three-games-to-one lead in the 2015 World Series, combining timely hitting with multiple New York Mets miscues to notch a 5-3 win in Game 4 at Citi Field, Flushing, N.Y. According to Nielsen, the game posted a 7.8/15 household rating/share on FOX, with 13.6 million viewers, up a stout +24% in rating and +27% in audience compared to Game 4 a year ago (6.3/12, 10.7 million for Royals-Giants). It is the highest-rated, most-watched World Series game on a Saturday night since 2009 Game 3 (9.1/18, 15.4 million viewers for Yankees-Phillies).
World Series Game 4 Highlights:
· Last night's broadcast posted impressive increases across key demos, including: M18-49, +24% (4.1 vs. 3.3); M25-54, +27% (5.2 vs. 4.1); A18-49, +31% (3.4 vs. 2.6).
· From 8:03-11:00 PM ET, FOX averaged a 7.5/14, with 13.0 million viewers which projects to be the network's best performance in prime time on a Saturday night since January 2015.
· World Series Game 4 powered FOX to another first place finish in prime time households, and FOX won the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
· FOX has won the night in prime time on each night of the 2015 World Series among households and across key demos, including A18-49.
· Ratings and viewership peaked at 9.8/19 and 16.9 million viewers from 11:30-11:39 PM ET as the Royals held off the Mets' ninth-inning rally.
· FOX Deportes' Spanish-language telecast posted 273,000 total viewers, making it the most-watched game this series to date. The game is +37% in viewers over Game 2 (200,000), the previous high. Game 4 peaked in the 11:00-11:15 PM ET quarter hour at 348,000 total viewers.
· Tonight's World Series Game 5, along with three separate NFL broadcast windows, will make for the most-watched day of sports on any network since Super Bowl Sunday in terms of total minutes viewed according to FOX projections, with well over ten billion minutes of sports viewing on the day.
World Series Game 4 Local Highlights:
· Kansas City led all markets with a 49.8 rating, followed by New York (25.6). St. Louis (16.0), Hartford (13.4), Las Vegas (10.3), Buffalo and Denver (10.1), Sacramento (10.0), Portland (9.9) and Tulsa (9.8) round out the top 10 markets.
World Series To-Date
· The 2015 World Series is averaging an 8.3/15 and 14.0 million viewers per game, +15% in rating and +18% over last year's 7.2/13, 11.9 million viewers.
· Notable demo increases: M12-17, +20% (1.8 vs. 1.5); M12-24, +14% (2.4 vs. 2.1); M18-49, +23% (4.9 vs. 4.0); M25-54, +23% (5.8 vs. 4.7); A18-49, +26% (3.9 vs. 3.1).