"MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE" RANKS AS THE SEASON'S #1 MOST-WATCHED ENTERTAINMENT TELECAST ON THE BROADCAST NETS, WITH 22.3 MILLION VIEWERS
"THE NATIONAL DOG SHOW PRESENTED BY PURINA" AVERAGES 10.1 MILLION, HAS GENERATED ITS TOP THREE RESULTS EVER OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS
Thursday Metered-Market Results:
· NBC's coverage of "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" has delivered the #1 total viewership for any entertainment telecast on the broadcast networks so far this season, according to "live plus same day" viewing data released today by Nielsen Media Research.
· Averaging 22.255 million viewers, the parade topped the "live plus same day" total viewership of all primetime non-sports telecasts so far this season on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, outdelivering the most-watched primetime entertainment telecast so far on those networks, the Sept. 21 season premiere of "The Big Bang Theory," with 18.203 million viewers.
· From 9 a.m.-noon on Thursday Nov. 26, the 89th annual "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade," hosted by Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker of NBC's "Today," averaged a 6.0 rating, 28 share in adults 18-49, retaining 96% of last year's 6.2. In total viewers, the 22.255 million represents a 99% retention of the year-ago 22.551 million.
· The big parade audience helped bookend a huge Thanksgiving for NBC, which saw NBC Sports' primetime coverage of Bears-Packer NFL football average 27.8 million viewers, making it the second most watched game in the history of "Sunday Night Football" on NBC, behind only the a 2012 Cowboys-Redskins telecast (30.3 million).
· NBC Research estimates a total of 41.3 million viewers watched all or some of the parade telecast.
· From noon-2 p.m. Thanksgiving day, NBC's coverage of "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina," hosted by John O'Hurley and featuring the commentary of expert analyst David Frei averaged a 2.5 rating, 11 share in 18-49 and 10.100 million viewers overall. The 2.5 is a 96% retention of last year's 2.6 and the 10.100 million is a 98% retention of last year's 10.294 million
· Over the last three years, "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina" has generated its three highest total-viewer results in the event's 14-year history on NBC, with 10.667 million in 2013, 10.294 million in 2014 and 20.100 million in 2015.
· NBC Research estimates a total of 20.5 million viewers watched all or some of the "National Dog Show" telecast.
NOTE: Results are based on "live plus same day" data from Nielsen Media Research, unless otherwise indicated.