College Football Week 10: ESPN Airs Second-Highest Game across All Networks, Top Game on Cable
· Ohio State at Iowa on ESPN:
· Cable and Broadcast's Highest-Rated Game Across All Networks in Competitive Late Afternoon Window
· Beats FS1's Airing of Bedlam Game by 47% Head-to-Head
· ESPN, ABC, and ESPN2: Up Year-Over-Year in Majority of Game Windows
· ESPN and ABC: Air Four of Top 7 Highest-Rated Games Across All Networks
ESPN aired the second highest-rated game of week 10 across all networks while simultaneously delivering the top-rated game across all broadcast and cable in the competitive late afternoon time slot and the top game on cable in week 10 overall, beating FS1's telecast of the Bedlam game by nearly 50%. ESPN also experienced year-over-year increases in the majority of its game windows, as did ABC and ESPN2. Across the entire slate, ESPN and ABC combined to air four of the seven highest-rated games across all networks.
Hawkeyes Upset of Buckeyes Earns Second Best Rating of Week 10, No. 1 on Cable
Ohio State at Iowa (3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN) delivered a 2.5 overnight, the second best rating of the week across all networks and the highest-rated game on cable of the week. The Hawkeyes upset of the Buckeyes is up 56% for ESPN from last season's comparable window (Maryland at Michigan) and, yesterday, beat FS1 by 47% in that same time slot (Oklahoma at Oklahoma State).
Saturday Night Football Among Week's Top Games, Beats FOX Head-to-Head
Led by the Hawkeyes-Buckeyes game, ESPN and ABC combined to air four of the top seven games across all networks, including ABC's Saturday Night Football featuring Virginia Tech at Miami (8 p.m). The Hokies-Hurricanes matchup earned a 2.2, beating Fox' Big Ten game head-to-head in prime time by 22%. The win keeps the Hurricanes unbeaten, setting up a monster week 11 Saturday Night Football matchup: No. 3 Notre Dame vs. undefeated Miami (8-0).
Additional ESPN Week 10 Highlights:
· Clemson at NC State (3:30 p.m., ABC): 2.0 rating, an increase of 11% from the comparable ABC window last season (regional action: Syracuse at Clemson or Oklahoma State at Kansas State).
· Wisconsin at Indiana (Noon, ABC): 1.9 overnight, up 6% from the 2016 comparable window (Wisconsin at Northwestern)
· Auburn at Texas A&M (Noon, ESPN): 1.6 rating, an increase of 23% from last year's similar window (Vanderbilt at Auburn).
· Arizona at USC (10:45 p.m., ESPN): 1.3 overnight, beating FS1's final game window of day by 117%
· Texas at TCU (7 p.m., ESPN): 1.2 overnight, up 9% year-over-year (Oregon at USC)
· ESPN2: The network's noon (Florida at Missouri) and 3:30 p.m. windows (Iowa State at West Virginia) saw a ratings increase of 20% and 33% year-over-year, respectively, while its Friday night telecast (Memphis at Tulsa) was up 25% year-over-year.