PARAMOUNT NETWORK LAUNCHES WITH BIG RATINGS FOR ITS FIRST WEEK
Fueled By Its Originals, Primetime Ratings Up +93% With Adults 18-49 and +85% in Viewership
"Waco" Debuts To A Strong Start Delivering 1.9 Million Viewers
New York, NY, January 29, 2018 - Paramount Network is off to an impressive start in its first week, buoyed by the strength of its original series, "Waco," "Lip Sync Battle," and "Ink Master." In primetime, Paramount Network is up +93% in Adults 18-49 and +85% in viewership vs last quarter. With a new daytime lineup featuring more broad-reaching series such as "Friends" and an influx of higher-profile movies, Paramount Network's Total Day is up +46% with Adults 18-49 and +49% in viewers.
Also, demonstrating the mission to attract more women with broader programming, Paramount Network drew +82% more Women 18-49 in primetime compared to last quarter.
Here are highlights from the first week (January 18-24):
Waco - (January 24 premiere)
· The highest rated drama series premiere on ad-supported cable since August.
· 1.9 million viewers with a 1.1 rating with Adults 18-49
· With the CMT simulcast, 2.4 million viewers and 1.4 rating with Adults 18-49
Lip Sync Battle: Live Michael Jackson Celebration - (January 18 premiere)
· Ranked #1 in its basic cable time period with P18-49 (1.1 rating), W18-49 (1.2 rating), and W18-34 (1.1 rating)
· #1 cable show on social for the night
· The YouTube live stream tallied over 4 million views
Ink Master (January 23- new episode)
· 1.4 million viewers with a 1.1 rating among Adults 18-49
· #1 in ad-supported cable in time period among Women 18-49 (1.0 rating)
"Indiana Jones" Movies Event- (January 20 and 21)
· Primetime airings of Paramount Pictures' iconic "Indiana Jones" titles delivered an +86% increase in Adults 18-49, +60% in Women 18-49 and +118% in average audience vs last quarter.
*all ratings include +3 playback
About Paramount Network:
Paramount Network is a premium entertainment destination that pushes the limits of story-telling with bold original scripted and non-scripted series. Inspired by over a century of cinema, Paramount Network is where today's brightest stars bring the experience of the big screen to every screen with stories that are immersive, inclusive, and deeply personal.