"THIS IS US" IS THE TOP-RATED POST-SUPER BOWL TELECAST IN 6 YEARS, JUMPING +59% ABOVE THE YEAR-AGO POST-SUPER BOWL DRAMA "24"
IT'S PRIMETIME'S HIGHEST-RATED NON-SPORTS TELECAST IN THE METERS SINCE LAST FEBRUARY'S OSCARS
"TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON" BEATS ITS PRIOR POST-SUPER BOWL RATING, SOARING TO THE SHOW'S HIGHEST OVERNIGHTS SINCE ITS PREMIERE WEEK OF POST-OLYMPIC TELECASTS
· NBC's special post-Super Bowl telecast of "This Is Us" averaged a 16.2 rating in metered-market households from 10:45-11:49 p.m. ET (10:45-11:45 in the meters), making it the top-rated post-Super Bowl entertainment telecast in six years.
· "This Is Us" soared +59% above last year's post-Super Bowl telecast (16.2 vs. 10.2 in metered-market households for Fox's Feb. 5, 2017 premiere of "24: Legacy").
· The 16.2 makes it the top primetime non-sports telecast since last year's Oscars (22.2 on Feb. 26, 2017) in metered-market households.
· It's a record rating for "This Is Us" in metered-market households, topping by +80% the prior record of a 9.0 for the show's Season 1 finale on Tuesday, March 14.
· Last night's special "This Is Us" jumped +128% above the show's season average in metered-market households (16.2 vs. 7.1).
· The last post-Super Bowl entertainment telecast to rate higher was NBC's Feb. 5, 2012 edition of "The Voice," which scored a 20.0 in metered-market households.
· Note that "This Is Us" will increase its viewership dramatically through DVR time-shifting and VOD. The show's prior telecast on Tuesday, Jan. 23 scored NBC's biggest lifts in measurement history going from "live plus same day" to "live plus seven day" Nielsens in both total viewers and adults 18-49. It was also the biggest 18-49 L+7 increase on any broadcast network in more than two years.
· The Jan. 23 episode grew by +7.099 million viewers overall (9.480 million to 16.579 million) and +2.62 rating points or +102% in adults 18-49 (from a 2.57 to a 5.19) going from L+SD to L+7. The increase of +2.62 rating points is the biggest L+7 lift for any show on any broadcast network since December 2015 ("The Big Bang Theory," +2.83 on Thursday, Dec. 17, 2015).
· The post-Super Bowl edition of "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" generated a 5.7 rating in metered-market households from 12:24-1:35 a.m. ET, to score as the #3 highest rated telecast ever for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and the show's best since its premiere week of post-Olympic episodes.
· Last night's special edition jumped 171% above the show's season average in the local markets (5.7 vs. 2.1) and is up +63% versus the most recent post- Super Bowl late-night telecast in metered-market households (5.7 vs. a 3.5 for "The Late Late Show with James Corden" on Feb. 7, 2016).
· "Tonight" also moved ahead of the show's prior post-Super Bowl "Tonight Show" in 2015 (5.5 from 12:13-1:08 a.m. ET on Feb. 2, 2015).
· Last night's 5.7 makes this the #3 Fallon-hosted "Tonight" show ever in metered-market households, behind only two telecasts from the show's debut week of post-Olympic episodes, Feb. 17 and Feb. 21, 2014.