FOX's "OUR KIND OF PEOPLE" BECOMES FIRST FALL BROADCAST DRAMA TO POST WEEK-TO-WEEK GROWTH IN SIX YEARS
Episode two of FOX's new drama OUR KIND OF PEOPLE grew +20% from its series premiere among Adults 18-49 in Live + 7 Day ratings, marking the first new Fall broadcast drama to grow from debut in six years. The series, from writer and executive producer Karin Gist and executive producer Lee Daniels, ranks as this season's #1 broadcast entertainment program among Black Adults 18-49, outpacing ABC's The Wonder Years in the demo by +50%.
· OUR KIND OF PEOPLE (0.6/4) grew +20% in week two Adults 18-49 L7 rating (vs. 0.5/4 L7 premiere), marking the first new Fall broadcast drama to do so in six years (since 9/27/15, Quantico).
· Its 0.6/4 L7 represents a +100% lift from Live + Same Day.
· OUR KIND OF PEOPLE has also displayed the most substantial week two Adults 18-49 L7 growth of any new FOX show in more than six years (since Wayward Pines, 5/14/15; excluding post-NFL).
· OUR KIND OF PEOPLE ranks as this season's #1 broadcast entertainment series in Black Adults 18-49 (FOX's 9-1-1 ranks #2 in the demo).
· Among new programs, OUR KIND OF PEOPLE is outpacing ABC's The Wonder Years among Black Adults 18-49 by +50%.
· In week two, OUR KIND OF PEOPLE (2.8/18 L7) grew +33% vs. its debut among Black Adults 18-49 and delivered broadcast's highest-rated entertainment telecast in the demo in over six months (since The Grammys, 3/14/21).
Inspired by Lawrence Otis Graham's provocative, critically acclaimed book, "Our Kind of People: Inside America's Black Upper Class," the series takes place in the aspirational world of Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard, a historical stronghold where the rich and powerful Black elite have come to play for more than 50 years. From writer and executive producer Karin Gist ("Star," "Grey's Anatomy") and executive producer Lee Daniels ("Empire," "The United States Vs. Billie Holiday"), OUR KIND OF PEOPLE follows a strong-willed, single mom as she sets out to reclaim her family's name and make an impact with her revolutionary haircare line that highlights the innate, natural beauty of Black women. But she soon discovers a dark secret about her own mother's past that will turn her world upside-down and shake up this community forever. The show is a soapy, thrilling exploration of race and class in America and an unapologetic celebration of Black resilience and achievement. The series stars Yaya DaCosta ("Chicago Med," "Whitney"), Morris Chestnut (THE RESIDENT), Joe Morton ("Scandal"), Nadine Ellis ("Let's Stay Together"), Lance Gross ("Hawaii 5-0"), Rhyon Nicole Brown ("Empire"), Kyle Bary ("Ginny & Georgia") and newcomer Alana Bright.
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE is produced by 20th Television and FOX Entertainment. The project is written and executive-produced by Karin Gist. Lee Daniels and Marc Velez (Lee Daniels Entertainment); Gist and Claire Brown (The Gist Of It Productions); Ben Silverman and Rodney Ferrell (Propagate); Pam Williams; and Montrel McKay serve as executive producers. Tasha Smith (9-1-1, "Big Sky," "P-Valley") directs the series premiere.