Yellowstone season four finale scores over 10 million total viewers and more than nine million on Paramount Network alone - up 81% vs. S3 finale
#1 series of 2021 across Broadcast, Cable and Premium for both P18-49 and P25-54
Strategy to continue to grow the Yellowstone audience on linear and franchise Yellowstone into a universe of series for Paramount+ is exceeding expectations with 1883 and Mayor of Kingstown already two of the top titles
Finale Total Viewers (P2+, LSD)
· Paramount Network: 9.3 million Total Viewers, up +81% vs. S3 finale (5.2 million)
· PN and CMT Simulcast: 10.3 million total viewers, up +79% vs. S3 finale (5.8 million)
· Most watched telecast on cable since The Walking Dead S3 premiere in October 2017
Season Four P18-49 and P25-54 (LSD)
· Paramount Network: 1.9 million P18-49, up 95% vs. S3 (975K) - making it the #1 series of 2021 across broadcast, cable and premium
· Paramount Network: 2.6 million P25-54, up 100% vs. S3 (1.3 million) - making it the #1 series of 2021 across broadcast, cable and premium
· #1 most social show on Sunday
· #1 most social telecast ever for YS - surpassing the prior season finale by +115%
· Season 4 ranks as the #1 most social cable drama during its run
Chris McCarthy quote
"Yellowstone continues to shatter records with more than 11 million viewers tuning into the season finale, proving we've hit a cultural nerve - from the center of the country to each of the coasts - and still have lots of room to grow on linear," said Chris McCarthy, President and CEO, ViacomCBS Media Networks. "Our strategy to franchise Yellowstone into a universe of series to fuel growth for Paramount+ is already exceeding expectations with 1883 and Mayor of Kingstown proving to be two of the top titles."
David Glasser quote
"It is incredibly rewarding to see the Yellowstone audience continue to expand even as we come to the close of our 4th season. This expansion is a true testament to the original voices and universe that Taylor created. Our partners at ViacomCBS and MTV Entertainment Studios have supported Taylor's universe utilizing linear and Paramount+ to fuel each other and continue to build the viewership," said David C. Glasser, CEO of 101 Studios.
Source: Linear- Nielsen LSD data; YS finale night on 1/2/22 incl. simulcast on PAR/CMT + PAR repeats (12:09a, 1:45a); competitive claims based on ad supported cable nets 000s (excl. sports/news/specials); total viewers = P2+ 000s; demo ratings = coverage ratings. Social- Most social: SCR Talkwalker, 1/2/22 (excl. sports); Most social drama: SCR Talkwalker, 11/7/21-1/2/22 (cable, drama, linear, live/new).